Monday, April 7, 2014

Tent Rock National Monument

It's finally my last week at work! I'm so excited--ready to move onto the next thing. Which is getting married :) Eli and I drove to Tent Rock National Monument yesterday and it was so cool. Next time I go to the Desert Dome, it'll be fun because I've seen the desert! We did two trails--the first one was the Canyon Trail, which went through the canyon and then onto a vista about 630 feet elevation. It was so so fun. Eli and I kept saying that the rocks just didn't look real--they looked like they were poured out of concrete. Climbing up to the vista was rocky, steep, and you had to be very aware of where you were stepping. Of course there were people trying to get their little kids up it, which is also terrifying. But we made it and the view was spectacular! 10% chance of rain that day and when I looked behind us you could see the rain clouds (and actual rain) coming. We hightailed it back down and it started sprinkling while we were in the canyon part of the trail.

We wound up the night at Sadie's which is authentic New Mexican food. It was SO good. I also had a margarita, which was quite tasty too. Our new favorite thing down here is sopapillas. Warm fried bread with honey, cinnamon, and sugar? Yes please!! (Start of the trail, In the Canyon, Rainstorm on the Vista)


No comments:

Post a Comment