Saturday, May 10, 2014

We're Back!!!!

1800ish miles, 4 days on the road, 1 odd-ball spring snow, and a few Subway sandwiches later Eli and I are finally back in Washington! Our apartment is on a hill--a steep hill! The first time we parked I almost put on my emergency break. It's very cute and we've got a great view out of the window. Kind of fun--it's a two bedroom two bathroom unit so we have plenty of extra space. When we arrived Eli and I immediately rearranged the furniture to our liking so it feels very homey.

I had my orientation day yesterday, and it was a good albeit exhausting one. The hospital is changing computer systems this summer so they've hired a bunch of travelers to help support them through the transition. There was around 35 of us yesterday and 5 or 6 other travelers live in our complex! It's fun to meet other people and hear their stories. There were quite a few nurses that this was their first assignment, so it's fun to share my experiences too. I got to meet my manager and go to the floor as well--I'm feeling pretty positive (although a little nervous). It's been a crazy few weeks--we've reflected a few times on the differences between coming out to Washington for my first assignment and now. Obviously the biggest one is that we're married now (yay!), but I've also got 4 other assignments under my belt, and we know we like the area. It's also different because we know we'd like to stay out here for awhile. The weather is supposed to be great later this week so I'm hopeful for some Point Defiance beach time or maybe going to the zoo again!!! (Driving scenery, View from Balcony, Living Room)




No comments:

Post a Comment