Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Portland

We've had a great few days off! Monday we went on our usual run and I figured out that if I go my pace and not Eli's I don't feel like I'm going to vom. by the end of it! Then Tuesday we went to Portland to visit my younger sister Anna who was in town for a business trip!!!! Guys, we had so.much.fun. Eli drove the whole way (bless his heart) and we headed to the airport to pick Anna up. I always forget how small Eppley airport is back home, but this Portland one was organized and had lots of signage. We headed to the hotel so she could get her work done. After, we headed to a bridal salon to do a little dress shopping (fantastic experience) and then Anna and I went to Voodoo Doughnuts.

O.M.G. She gave up chocolate for Lent and stuck with it, I was so proud. Voodoo Doughnuts has all these crazy flavors (maple bacon, coco puff, grape, fruit loop). We got them in a fab. box and headed back to the hotel. I had a relationship with my doughnut. It was up there with one of the most amazing things I've ever eaten. The 'chocolate glaze' was like milk chocolate ganache. Worth every bite. After our crazy indulgence we headed out for an awesome seafood dinner and some vino. Followed by Splash (reality TV at it's finest) and hanging out in the room. It was an absolutely amazing day. Miss my sissy like crazy--wish our other one could have been there too :) (Voodoo Doughnut box; Doughnuts- Lemon Creation- filled with lemon cream, vanilla glaze, Dirty Bastard- raised doughnut with Oreos, peanut butter, and chocolate glaze, Voodoo Doll- raised doughnut with raspberry filling, and chocolate glaze)



No comments:

Post a Comment